Water Pollution Control
Duties & Responsibilities
The mission of the Water Pollution Control Facility is to protect the rivers and streams that are in or near the City of Chicopee. The department does this by:
- Maintaining the sewers and drain system
- Maintaining the flood control system
- Monitoring industrial waste water
- Stormwater pollution prevention
- Treating the collected sewage
Without access to a sustainable water supply, our community is at risk. Service disruptions for failing or inadequate wastewater infrastructure directly impacts medical facilities, schools, daycares, and firehouses, just to mention a few. Nearly every aspect of our lives is connected to water. Without clean water services, our lives would stop.
The Water Pollution Control Facility is located at 80 Medina Street.
Become informed on the many issues related to Water Pollution Control that affect you as citizens of Chicopee...
- Much of the wastewater infrastructure in the United States- more than 700,000 miles of pipes- is at a crisis point. By investing in the system, we are helping to maintain our quality of life and protecting our community from public health and environmental concerns.
- Your water/wastewater bill supports the ongoing and essential cycle between safe drinking water and wastewater treatment. Your neighbors working in the public utilities sector ensure those services work effectively and in unison to protect your community, your environment, and your quality of life!
- Join your wastewater utility in being a part of the solution. Together, we can ensure clean, safe water is accessible to every community in Chicopee.