- At certain times of the year genealogy hours may be suspended without notice.
- No telephone request will be answered except for inquiries regarding hours.
General Information, Policy & Procedures
- The Vital Statistics Records in our office date from 1848 to the present.
- Records are open for viewing, except non-public records.
- As the state archives the vital records, more records will become available.
- The genealogy search fee is $15.00 It is good for 3 months. Certified copies of all records are $10.00 each. Non-certified copies are $5.00 each.
- Birth, marriage or death index cards are available for research during genealogy hours. Limit is 1 set at a time.
- Our Chicopee Library has several old city directories that may help locate families in Chicopee. Please be aware that our old records list addresses only as the City of Chicopee, with no street addresses.
- If more than 2 certified copies are required, a request will need to be made. They may be picked up at a later time or may be mailed to you.
- A request must also be made for non-certified copies or for specific information. There is a limit of 4 records per request. The cost for non-certified copies is $5.00 each.
- If specific information is needed off a record, a request can be made in writing stating what you are looking for.
- If multiple certified copies (more than 5) are requested, and you are a non-resident, a money order or cash is required at the time of request.
- All orders must be paid at the time of each request.
- Forms are available for additional information, and for requests for copies, through the clerk.
Birth RecordDate of birth, name of child, sex, address, child's birthplace, father's occupation (certain years), father's birthplace, mother's birthplace and date of record and registered number.
Date of marriage, place f marriage, groom's name, brides name, ages, which marriage this is, residences, occupations, birthplaces, date of record.
Date of death, name of the deceased, sex, martial status, date of birth, age, cause of death, spouse, residence, occupation, place of death, place of burial, place of birth, name of father and mother and their birthplaces.Current death records will have social security number and veteran information.
More InformationLyman and Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History and Archives. They may be able to provide information on ship records and immigration.
Museum AddressLyman and Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History and Archives
Phone Number: 413-263-6800 Ext 230
21 Edwards Street
Springfield, MA 01103